2021 Battle 4 the Bay
INFORMATION FROM COACHES' EMAIL SENT Monday, June 14, 2021 @ 9:14 PM
Boys bracket/schedule has been posted. Again, best way to get this is download SPY REPORT BASKETBALL or the TNBA OHIO app in your App Store.
***IMPORTANT*** each team gets a “Showcase Game” before bracket play begins. We tried to give each team an essential “warm-up” and then right into main bracket play. These Showcase games do not determine anything win or lose.
PLEASE BE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR TEAM’S SCHEDULE FOR BOTH SHOWCASE GAMES AND CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET PLAY!!! ALL SHOWCASE GAMES ARE BEFORE BRACKET PLAY.
Girls schedule will follow in the coming days. As always, continue to check your schedule for updates/changes up until Saturday.
INFORMATION FROM COACHES' EMAIL SENT Sunday, June 13, 2021 @ 1:40 PM
I trust the summer is treating you well. I'd like to take a moment to thank you for joining the 2021 Battle 4 the Bay at the brand new (and incredible) Cedar Point Sports Center in Sandusky, OH. This email is intended to provide you further details on the event that is just about a week away. A REMINDER - the BOYS EVENT is June 21-22, and the GIRLS EVENT is June 23-24.
Firstly, this event will be a complete tournament structure from the start (like March Madness!). Basically, we will place all teams into a massive bracket (keeping in mind school sizes/divisions, and trying to align accordingly in OPENING ROUND). Win and advance. Lose and you'll be relegated to independent games (like any team camp) to obtain your 5-game guarantee as promised (there is no promise who/when you'll play at this point after a tournament loss). This event is unique and exciting -- summer basketball is a great time to challenge your kids to see and compete against different schools, different players, different styles and so on -- why not make it even more exciting with a tournament from the start.
Below you will see an overview of many items. Please read on and if you have questions, contact information is at the end of this email.
ike to thank you for being a part of 2021 Nike Memorial Showdown! It is with great excitement that we put this event on at the new and incredible Cedar Point Sports Center in Sandusky, OH.
Please review the items listed below prior to the event kick-off on Friday evening:
1. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS / SPECTATOR LIMITS
- Click the COVID POLICES button above to view the document regarding COVID protocols (PDF).
- There is no limit for spectators at this event. We have received several inquiries from D2/NAIA/D3 college coaches, as well as media outlets that will be in attendance.
2. ADMISSION / TICKETING
- ON-SITE SPECTATOR ADMISSION: Tickets will ONLY be sold at the door for any spectators or parents wanting to watch games. The fee is $10/day for all ages..
3. ROSTER SUBMISSION / CEDAR POINT TICKETS
- Roster limit is 10 athletes per team + 2 coaches per team + 1 scorekeeper per team in free.
- Please use the above SUBMIT ROSTER button link to submit your team's roster. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT so that your athletes receive their free 5-day Cedar Point pass after the event! Be sure all information is accurate and completed by 12:00 PM (noon) Wednesday, June 16. Cedar Point passes are administered by Cedar Point Sports Center-if you have questions on this you can contact email@example.com. The free athlete passes will be emailed to the addresses you provide for each athlete on roster submission..
*ANY ROSTERS NOT SUBMITTED WILL NOT RECEIVE THE FREE CEDAR POINT TICKETS!
4. SCHEDULE / GAME SITES
- Schedules will be posted by Monday evening (6/14). IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KEEP CHECKING YOUR SCHEDULE FOR UPDATES AND CHANGES!
- The easiest and best way to follow this tournament is by downloading the "TNBA" or "SPY REPORT BASKETBALL" Exposure app in your mobile device's App Store (available for both iOS and Android).
- You may also visit the following link for a website version of the same information: https://basketball.exposureevents.com/167118/battle-4-the-bay-boys
- Games are played at:
+ Cedar Point Sports Center: 2701 Cleveland Road West, Sandusky, OH 44870
* BE SURE TO CONTINUE CHECKING THE SCHEDULE FOR UPDATES/CHANGES! NOTHING IS FINAL UNTIL FRIDAY MORNING!
5. GAME RULES
- Game play rules for this event can be viewed by clicking the TOURNAMENT RULES button above (PDF).
* PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF OUR ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY REGARDING SPORTSMANSHIP, CONDUCT, EJECTIONS!
Please send any event-related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address will be monitored throughout the event. ENJOY THE GAMES!